The Assistant Manager is responsible for assisting the General Manager with supervising the daily operations of the Dispensary, including: sales and cash handling processes; financial reporting; inventory management; regulatory and policy compliance; patient service; communication; education and information management. In addition, the Assistant Manager must be able to manage and supervise dispensary staff operations and performance and will therefore be required to be able to perform the duties of all other staff.
Specifically, the Assistant Manager may spend time with each customer and listen to their needs and concerns, and make appropriate recommendations about cannabis products and quantity, and then dispense the products accordingly. Therefore, the Manager must have a drive to help people and solid knowledge of Cannabis as well as any other products available (such as edibles). S/he must be able to explain the effects of various Cannabis products and explain how each one can address a customers symptoms for different ailments. The Assistant Manager is expected to stay current and knowledgeable about the products offered by The Source and in the industry. S/he must also be knowledgeable about state and local laws pertaining to Cannabis. The Assistant Manager must also be computer literate and able to use Point of Sale (POS) equipment and software. We are looking for people to grow with us and to be a part of our strong team environment.
- Supervise all Dispensary operations, opening and closing procedures per hours of operation.
- Assist with developing a schedule to adequately staff the Dispensary.
- Train all employees on policies, process, procedures and roles.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Counsel and guide customers
- Work with marketing team to increase sales and patient volumes.
- Secure and organize all customer files and provide weekly updates of customer volume, new customers, repeat customers, weekly sales volume and percent sales volume of new vs. repeat customers, etc.
- Comply with dispensary cash handling policies and perform daily cash management responsibilities per policy.
- Educate customers on Cannabis properties and selection of proper genetics per the customer's desired effect or per specific medical ailment.
- Manage Dispensary sales and customer database, including weekly summaries of metrics.
- Assist with procurement of Dispensary supplies and equipment, etc.
- Perform daily inventory management
- Maintain a culture of high quality customer service and communication.
- Execute customer service and quality surveys as assigned by leadership.
- Ensure compliance with all state and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Ensure compliance with all Dispensary policies and procedures.
- Assist State and Local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including: phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock and supplies.
- Contribute to team environment and company advancement per strategic direction set by leadership.
- Assumes all duties of the General Manager when he/she is absent.
- Oversees employee communication and recognition.
- Helps train new employees.
- Opens and closes the store.
- Balances cash registers
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to carry, bend, stand, file documents, lift, and push/pull as needed.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on occasion.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Must be 21 or over
- Associates Degree
- 3+ years as an individual contributor in similar role
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a Lead role.
- Experience as an Assistant General Manager in retail management.
- Must have good communication and interpersonal skills, strong leadership and motivational skills with high customer service expectations.
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Detail Oriented
- Must be able to manage multiple projects, set priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Must have knowledge of office management systems and procedures.
- Superior Customer Service Skills and phone etiquette.
- Must be able to handle fast paced environment.
- Must be proficient in using Microsoft Office applications.
- Must have own vehicle, full insurance, and a clean driving record.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements.
- Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.