As the face of the store, the GM must interface with staff, law enforcement, vendors, owners, and landlords. He or she provides leadership to, generates a strategy for business growth and establishes key performance indicators to monitor company progress. The leadership oversight also includes supervising supervising the daily operations of the Marijuana Dispensary (Dispensary), including: sales and cash handling processes; financial reporting; inventory management; regulatory and policy compliance; customer service, communication, education and information management.
In addition, the General Manager must be able to manage and supervise dispensary staff operations and performance and will therefore be required to be able to perform the duties of all other staff. Specifically, the General Manager must be able to listen to customers needs and concerns, make appropriate recommendations about product and quantity, and dispense the product accordingly. Therefore, the General Manager must have a drive to help people and solid knowledge of the Dispensary products as well as any other products available (such as edibles). S/he must be able to explain the effects of various medicines and products and explain how each one can address a customer’s needs. The General Manager is expected to stay current and knowledgeable about the products offered by The Source and in the industry. S/he must also be knowledgeable about Nevada state and local laws pertaining to medical marijuana. The General Manager must also be computer literate and able to use Point of Sale (POS) equipment and software. We are looking for people to grow with us and to be a part of our strong team environment.
- Supervise all Dispensary operations, opening and closing procedures per hours of operation.
- Ensure the creation and implementation of a strategy designed to grow the store.
- Develop a schedule to adequately staff the Dispensary.
- Train all employees on policies, process, procedures and roles.
- Maintain a clean and organized work environment.
- Counsel and guide customers of the store when needed.
- Work with marketing team to increase sales and patient volumes.
- Secure and organize all customer files and provide weekly updates of customer volume, new customers, repeat customers, weekly sales volume and percent sales volume of new vs. repeat customers, etc.
- Comply with dispensary cash handling policies and perform daily cash management responsibilities per policy.
- Educate customers on medical marijuana medicinal properties and selection of proper genetics per the customer’s desired effect or per specific medical ailment.
- Assist with procurement of Dispensary supplies and equipment, etc.
- Perform daily inventory management.
- Maintain a culture of high quality customer service and communication.
- Execute customer service and quality surveys as assigned by leadership.
- Ensure compliance with all state and local laws, regulations and ordinances.
- Ensure compliance with all Dispensary policies and procedures.
- Assist State and Local government auditors and law enforcement with inventory, sales and compliance audits.
- Comply with all HR policies including confidentiality and non-disclosure.
- Facility maintenance and troubleshooting as necessary including: phone, utilities, technology, maintenance, repairs, stock and supplies.
- Ensure development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives.
- Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment and hiring of staff.
- Oversee inventory, financial records, and compliance reporting.
- Oversee product procurement and negotiations with wholesalers to ensure adequate inventory at all times.
- Communicate and embody the company vision and values.
- Define and implement policies and performance standards.
- Allocate budget resources for supplies, equipment, marketing, and personnel.
- Oversee a team of 40+ retail professionals
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to carry, bend, stand, file documents, lift, and push/pull as needed.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent job experience
- 5 years as individual contributor in a retail environment.
- 3 - 5 years of experience managing a multi-unit retail, restaurant, or hotel business of 40+ individuals.
- Must be 21 or over
- Process and personnel management, professionalism, team problem solving, inventory control experience
- Service industry, retail sales and management experience
- Past experience in medical marijuana retail sales preferred
- Knowledge and understanding of the medicine, specifically, must have knowledge of various strains, genetics, THC content, and all relevant terminology.
- Superior customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Adheres to all State and local Marijuana and Recreational Department of Health and Cannabis laws.
- Maintain a positive attitude that promotes teamwork.
- Computer literacy, including experience with social media
- Competency in or ability to gain competency in POS system
- Outstanding interpersonal & communication skills, positive and cheerful attitude, with a strong customer service orientation.
- Must be reliable, honest, responsible and mature with a strong work ethic.
- Clean and well organized.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must possess current state cannabis worker license or permit (if applicable)
- Cannabis Retail Management Experience preferred.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements.
- Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.