The Security Lead is responsible for the supervision of the Security Guards at their assigned locations and will implement security best practices for the dispensary. As a Security Lead, you will ensure and maintain the integrity of the operations of The+Source Dispensary, provide for the security of dispensary assets and property, and to assist with the safety of guests, vendors, and employees of The+Source Dispensary. You will be responsible for greeting our patients and customers when they enter the facility, and leading a team of Security guards in the absence of the Manager Security. Security guards watch over and protect the property against various threats, including vandalism, theft, illegal activity and terrorism. Security guards write observation reports, speak with witnesses and enforce laws.
- Develop, oversee, and ensure adherence to security policies, procedures, and best practices for the dispensary.
- Recruit and retain qualified security personnel.
- Manage all security-related operations, staffing, and equipment.
- Ensure all security equipment and systems are operated and maintained for compliance with the security plan and all applicable laws and regulations.
- Administer access control program.
- Compile security reports as required.
- Utilize all security systems to discover and deter security breaches and compliance issues.
- Train all dispensary personnel according to established security procedures.
- Conduct security evaluations to ensure constant improvement and compliance.
- Ensure the reporting and documentation of all incidents and provide initial information for investigations to appropriate authorities.
- Greet visitors and patients as they enter the parking lot and direct them to the building entrance.
- Opens and closes doors in a warm, sincere, and helpful manner.
- Monitor visitor and patient access, monitor safety cameras to ensure they are in proper working order, and maintain security awareness.
- Assure that safe and clean pedestrian walkways are maintained in all parking areas.
- Assure that parking lot is well patrolled and loitering in the parking area is significantly controlled.
- Work with local law enforcement when necessary.
- Personally model excellent customer service and positive communication with guests and patients, as well as the community.
- Must be unarmed at all times.
- Mentors and supervises the activities of his/her Security Team Members by shadowing their activity, scheduling dispensary security personnel coverage, demonstrating correct behavior, providing corrective action, and providing performance reviews for his/her security team direct reports.
- Assigns Security Team Member coverage for the Dispensaries and other related areas of the business, and set the priorities for potential problems Security Team Members should be on the lookout for.
- If someone is caught trespassing or committing a crime, the Lead Security oversees the transfer of the accused person to the custody of local law enforcement personnel.
- Works with Security Team Members to develop safety plans for the buildings he/she monitors, and leads periodic safety drills for employees and customers of the business.
- Mentoring and Supervising of Security Team Members.
- Managing Performance
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally
- Must be able to carry, bend, stand, file documents, lift, and push/pull as needed
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including nights and weekends.
Required Education and Experience
- Must be 21 or over
- Minimum of some college or Technical School training in similar subject.
- 5+ years experience in a similar role as a Lead security guard, police officer or military police officer.
- Must have training and experience working with electronic monitoring systems.
- Qualified candidates should have a valid driver's license and no criminal record.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, are essential for the position of Lead Security so subordinates know how to do their jobs and what to be on the lookout for.
- Must have a good working knowledge of management practices and principles so he/she can efficiently perform in the role.
- The job requires someone with critical thinking skills who can quickly observe a situation and make the appropriate response.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license or state ID
- Must pass any and all required background checks.
- Must possess current state cannabis worker license or permit (if applicable)
Preferred Education and Experience
- Preferred Registration Card from the Private Investigators Licensing Board.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
- There is no visa or H1-B sponsorship. Candidates must successfully complete a criminal record screening or FBI Fingerprints requirements.
- Successful completion of a thorough personal reference check and background check from the Nevada Division of Public and Behavioral Health. Note that any applicant with a violent felony or drug-related offense (Conclusion of sentence, probation, and/or incarceration within the past 10 years) is not eligible to become a dispensary agent.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Source is an Equal Opportunity Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran status.